Badami Ward No 09, with population of 778 is Badami city's the least populous ward, located in Badami sub district of Bagalkot district in the state Karnataka in India.

Demographics

The ward is home to 778 people, among them 370 (48%) are male and 408 (52%) are female. 36% of the whole population are from general caste, 61% are from schedule caste and 4% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Badami Ward No 09 is 14%, among them 44% are boys and 56% are girls. There are 148 households in the ward and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Badami Ward No 09

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 778 277 473 28 112
Male 370 131 231 8 49
Female 408 146 242 20 63

Growth of population

Population of the ward has decreased by -31.8% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1141. Female population growth rate of the ward is -28.9% which is 5.8% higher than male population growth rate of -34.7%. General caste population has decreased by -75.6%; Schedule caste population has increased by 6657.1% and child population has decreased by -30% in the ward since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Badami Ward No 09

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total -32 -76 6,657 0 -30
Male -35 -77 5,675 0 -41
Female -29 -74 7,967 0 -18

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1103 females per 1000 male in the ward. Sex ratio in general caste is 1115, in schedule caste is 1048 and in schedule tribe is 2500. There are 1286 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the ward. Overall sex ratio in the ward has increased by 91 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 358 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Badami Ward No 09

Total General SC ST Child
Change 91 101 298 2,500 358
2011 1,103 1,115 1,048 2,500 1,286
2001 1,012 1,014 750 0 928

Literacy

Total 431 people in the ward are literate, among them 245 are male and 186 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Badami WARD NO.-0009 is 65%. 76% of male and 54% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the ward has decreased by -17%. Male literacy has gone down by -17% and female literacy rate has gone down by -17%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Badami Ward No 09

Total Male Female
Change -18 -17 -18
2011 65 76 54
2001 82 93 71

Workers profile

Badami WARD NO.-0009 has 40% (315) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 52% male and 30% female population are working population. 47% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 5% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 13% of total female population are main and 18% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Badami Ward No 09

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 41 29 12 60
Male 52 47 5 48
Female 30 13 18 70