Jiyanpur Ward No 03, with population of 1370 is Jiyanpur city's the most populous ward, located in Sagri sub district of Azamgarh district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India.

Demographics

The ward is home to 1370 people, among them 687 (50%) are male and 683 (50%) are female. 66% of the whole population are from general caste, 31% are from schedule caste and 3% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Jiyanpur Ward No 03 is 17%, among them 42% are boys and 58% are girls. There are 184 households in the ward and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Jiyanpur Ward No 03

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,370 900 431 39 231
Male 687 452 218 17 98
Female 683 448 213 22 133

Growth of population

Population of the ward has increased by 5.1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1304. Female population growth rate of the ward is 6.4% which is 2.6% higher than male population growth rate of 3.8%. General caste population has decreased by -8.6%; Schedule caste population has increased by 35.1% and child population has decreased by -27.6% in the ward since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Jiyanpur Ward No 03

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 5 -9 35 0 -28
Male 4 -10 36 0 -41
Female 6 -7 34 0 -13

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 994 females per 1000 male in the ward. Sex ratio in general caste is 991, in schedule caste is 977 and in schedule tribe is 1294. There are 1357 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the ward. Overall sex ratio in the ward has increased by 24 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 447 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Jiyanpur Ward No 03

Total General SC ST Child
Change 24 29 -17 1,294 447
2011 994 991 977 1,294 1,357
2001 970 962 994 0 910

Literacy

Total 778 people in the ward are literate, among them 441 are male and 337 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Jiyanpur WARD NO.-0003 is 68%. 75% of male and 61% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the ward has increased by 20%. Male literacy has gone up by 19% and female literacy rate has gone up by 22%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Jiyanpur Ward No 03

Total Male Female
Change 21 19 22
2011 68 75 61
2001 48 56 39

Workers profile

Jiyanpur WARD NO.-0003 has 31% (422) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 48% male and 13% female population are working population. 45% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 3% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 5% of total female population are main and 8% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Jiyanpur Ward No 03

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 31 25 6 69
Male 48 45 3 52
Female 13 5 9 87