Pabnasar Village, with population of 1168 is Fatehgarh sub district's the 26th most populous village, located in Fatehgarh sub district of Jaisalmer district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Pabnasar village is 28 km2 and it is the 57th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 42 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jaisalmer and distance from Pabnasar village to Jaisalmer is 81 km. Pin code of Pabnasar village is 345027. Fatehgarh is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 16 km. District head quarter of the village is Jaisalmer which is 81 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 1168 people, among them 617 (53%) are male and 551 (47%) are female. 32% of the whole population are from general caste, 42% are from schedule caste and 26% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Pabnasar village is 22%, among them 51% are boys and 49% are girls. There are 208 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Pabnasar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,168 370 490 308 252
Male 617 202 251 164 129
Female 551 168 239 144 123

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 5.8% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1104. Female population growth rate of the village is 7% which is 2.2% higher than male population growth rate of 4.8%. General caste population has decreased by -25.7%; Schedule caste population has increased by 35.7%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 25.7% and child population has decreased by -18.7% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Pabnasar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 6 -26 36 26 -19
Male 5 -24 34 22 -13
Female 7 -28 38 31 -24

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 893 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 832, in schedule caste is 952 and in schedule tribe is 878. There are 953 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 19 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 142 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Pabnasar

Total General SC ST Child
Change 19 -40 32 63 -142
2011 893 832 952 878 953
2001 874 872 920 815 1,095

Literacy

Total 294 people in the village are literate, among them 225 are male and 69 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Pabnasar is 32%. 46% of male and 16% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -5%. Male literacy has gone down by -7% and female literacy rate has gone down by -1%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Pabnasar

Total Male Female
Change -5 -7 -1
2011 32 46 16
2001 37 53 17

Workers profile

Pabnasar has 47% (552) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 50% male and 44% female population are working population. 3% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 47% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 0% of total female population are main and 44% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Pabnasar

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 47 2 46 53
Male 50 3 47 50
Female 45 0 45 56