Moklat Village, with population of 22 is Jaisalmer sub district's the 24th least populous village, located in Jaisalmer sub district of Jaisalmer district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Moklat village is 5 km2 and it is the 12th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 5 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jaisalmer and distance from Moklat village to Jaisalmer is 17 km. Pin code of Moklat village is 345001. Jaisalmer is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 17 km. District head quarter of the village is Jaisalmer which is 17 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 22 people, among them 17 (77%) are male and 5 (23%) are female. 27% of the whole population are from general caste and 73% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Moklat village is 14%, among them 100% are boys and 0% are girls. There are 2 households in the village and an average 11 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Moklat

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 22 6 0 16 3
Male 17 4 0 13 3
Female 5 2 0 3 0

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -21.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 28. Female population growth rate of the village is -64.3% which is -85.7% lower than male population growth rate of 21.4%. General caste population has decreased by -60%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 1500% and child population has decreased by -57.1% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Moklat

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total -21 -60 -100 1,500 -57
Male 21 -43 -100 1,200 0
Female -64 -75 -100 0 -100

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 294 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 500, and in schedule tribe is 231. There are 0 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 706 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 1333 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Moklat

Total General SC ST Child
Change -706 -643 -1,000 231 -1,333
2011 294 500 0 231 0
2001 1,000 1,143 1,000 0 1,333

Literacy

Total 11 people in the village are literate, among them 10 are male and 1 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Moklat is 58%. 71% of male and 20% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 10%. Male literacy has gone up by 7% and female literacy rate has gone down by -10%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Moklat

Total Male Female
Change 10 8 -10
2011 58 71 20
2001 48 64 30

Workers profile

Moklat has 27% (6) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 35% male and 0% female population are working population. 24% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 12% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 0% of total female population are main and 0% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Moklat

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 27 18 9 73
Male 35 24 12 65
Female 0 0 0 100