Manpiya Village, with population of 369 is Jaisalmer sub district's the 169th least populous village, located in Jaisalmer sub district of Jaisalmer district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Manpiya village is 12 km2 and it is the 50th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 32 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jaisalmer and distance from Manpiya village to Jaisalmer is 10 km. Pin code of Manpiya village is 345001. Jaisalmer is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 10 km. District head quarter of the village is Jaisalmer which is 10 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 369 people, among them 185 (50%) are male and 184 (50%) are female. 18% of the whole population are from general caste and 82% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Manpiya village is 24%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 61 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Manpiya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 369 65 0 304 90
Male 185 28 0 157 48
Female 184 37 0 147 42

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 43% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 258. Female population growth rate of the village is 39.4% which is -7.4% lower than male population growth rate of 46.8%. General caste population has decreased by -35.6%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 93.6% and child population has increased by 16.9% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Manpiya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 43 -36 0 94 17
Male 47 -46 0 112 26
Female 39 -25 0 77 8

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 995 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1321, and in schedule tribe is 936. There are 875 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 53 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 151 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Manpiya

Total General SC ST Child
Change -53 379 0 -186 -151
2011 995 1,321 0 936 875
2001 1,048 942 0 1,122 1,026

Literacy

Total 117 people in the village are literate, among them 78 are male and 39 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Manpiya is 42%. 57% of male and 27% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 10%. Male literacy has gone up by 12% and female literacy rate has gone up by 8%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Manpiya

Total Male Female
Change 10 11 8
2011 42 57 28
2001 32 46 19

Workers profile

Manpiya has 42% (154) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 43% male and 41% female population are working population. 6% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 37% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 2% of total female population are main and 39% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Manpiya

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 42 4 38 58
Male 43 6 37 57
Female 41 2 39 59