Dhanana Village, with population of 378 is Jaisalmer sub district's the 168th most populous village, located in Jaisalmer sub district of Jaisalmer district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Dhanana village is 344 km2 and it is the 10th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jaisalmer and distance from Dhanana village to Jaisalmer is 83 km. Pin code of Dhanana village is 345001. Jaisalmer is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 83 km. District head quarter of the village is Jaisalmer which is 83 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 378 people, among them 174 (46%) are male and 204 (54%) are female. 100% of the whole population are from general caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Dhanana village is 23%, among them 35% are boys and 65% are girls. There are 79 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Dhanana

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 378 378 0 0 88
Male 174 174 0 0 31
Female 204 204 0 0 57

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -59.5% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 934. Female population growth rate of the village is -52.4% which is 13.1% higher than male population growth rate of -65.5%. General caste population has decreased by -59.5% and child population has decreased by -56.7% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Dhanana

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total -60 -60 -100 0 -57
Male -66 -66 -100 0 -67
Female -52 -52 0 0 -47

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1172 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1172,. There are 1839 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 322 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 702 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Dhanana

Total General SC ST Child
Change 322 321 0 0 702
2011 1,172 1,172 0 0 1,839
2001 850 851 0 0 1,137

Literacy

Total 27 people in the village are literate, among them 13 are male and 14 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Dhanana is 9%. 9% of male and 10% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -5%. Male literacy has gone down by -15% and female literacy rate has gone up by 8%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Dhanana

Total Male Female
Change -5 -15 8
2011 9 9 10
2001 14 24 2

Workers profile

Dhanana has 26% (97) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 52% male and 3% female population are working population. 51% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 1% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 3% of total female population are main and 0% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Dhanana

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 26 25 1 74
Male 52 51 1 48
Female 3 3 1 97