Peerasar Village, with population of 198 is Jaisalmer sub district's the 113rd least populous village, located in Jaisalmer sub district of Jaisalmer district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Peerasar village is 3 km2 and it is the 5th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 67 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jaisalmer and distance from Peerasar village to Jaisalmer is 75 km. Pin code of Peerasar village is 345033. Jaisalmer is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 75 km. District head quarter of the village is Jaisalmer which is 75 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 198 people, among them 111 (56%) are male and 87 (44%) are female. 94% of the whole population are from general caste and 6% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Peerasar village is 16%, among them 65% are boys and 35% are girls. There are 43 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Peerasar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 198 186 0 12 31
Male 111 105 0 6 20
Female 87 81 0 6 11

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -87% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1525. Female population growth rate of the village is -86.2% which is 1.4% higher than male population growth rate of -87.6%. General caste population has decreased by -84.1%; Schedule Tribe population has decreased by -93.3% and child population has decreased by -91.6% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Peerasar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total -87 -84 -100 -93 -92
Male -88 -85 -100 -94 -89
Female -86 -83 -100 -92 -94

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 784 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 771, and in schedule tribe is 1000. There are 550 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 78 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 407 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Peerasar

Total General SC ST Child
Change 78 78 -725 228 -407
2011 784 771 0 1,000 550
2001 706 693 725 772 957

Literacy

Total 81 people in the village are literate, among them 59 are male and 22 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Peerasar is 49%. 65% of male and 29% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 4%. Male literacy has gone up by 7% and female literacy rate has gone up by 4%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Peerasar

Total Male Female
Change 3 7 4
2011 49 65 29
2001 45 58 25

Workers profile

Peerasar has 69% (137) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 68% male and 71% female population are working population. 62% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 5% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 67% of total female population are main and 5% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Peerasar

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 69 64 5 31
Male 68 62 5 32
Female 71 67 5 29