Pratappur Village, with population of 81 is Jaisalmer sub district's the 76th least populous village, located in Jaisalmer sub district of Jaisalmer district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Pratappur village is 55 km2 and it is the 115th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jaisalmer and distance from Pratappur village to Jaisalmer is 75 km. Pin code of Pratappur village is 345033. Jaisalmer is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 75 km. District head quarter of the village is Jaisalmer which is 75 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 81 people, among them 48 (59%) are male and 33 (41%) are female. 70% of the whole population are from general caste, 27% are from schedule caste and 2% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Pratappur village is 22%, among them 61% are boys and 39% are girls. There are 16 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -90% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 810. Female population growth rate of the village is -90.5% which is -0.8% lower than male population growth rate of -89.7%. General caste population has decreased by -91.7%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -82%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 100% and child population has decreased by -90.3% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 688 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 676, in schedule caste is 833. There are 636 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 58 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 271 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Literacy

Total 28 people in the village are literate, among them 22 are male and 6 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Pratappur is 44%. 59% of male and 23% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 7%. Male literacy has gone up by 4% and female literacy rate has gone up by 12%.

Workers profile

Pratappur has 67% (54) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 67% male and 67% female population are working population. 65% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 2% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 67% of total female population are main and 0% are marginal workers.