Mandha Village, with population of 744 is Jaisalmer sub district's the 88th most populous village, located in Jaisalmer sub district of Jaisalmer district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Mandha village is 41 km2 and it is the 144th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 18 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jaisalmer and distance from Mandha village to Jaisalmer is 65 km. Pin code of Mandha village is 345033. Jaisalmer is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 65 km. District head quarter of the village is Jaisalmer which is 65 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 744 people, among them 380 (51%) are male and 364 (49%) are female. 29% of the whole population are from general caste, 70% are from schedule caste and 0% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Mandha village is 19%, among them 43% are boys and 57% are girls. There are 119 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Mandha

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 744 219 522 3 141
Male 380 112 266 2 61
Female 364 107 256 1 80

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 9.6% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 679. Female population growth rate of the village is 16.7% which is 13.2% higher than male population growth rate of 3.5%. General caste population has increased by 17.1%; Schedule caste population has increased by 9.9%; Schedule Tribe population has decreased by -82.4% and child population has decreased by -18% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Mandha

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 10 17 10 -82 -18
Male 4 17 1 -75 -32
Female 17 18 21 -89 -2

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 958 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 955, in schedule caste is 962 and in schedule tribe is 500. There are 1311 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 108 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 400 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Mandha

Total General SC ST Child
Change 108 7 156 -625 400
2011 958 955 962 500 1,311
2001 850 948 806 1,125 911

Literacy

Total 361 people in the village are literate, among them 250 are male and 111 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Mandha is 60%. 78% of male and 39% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 11%. Male literacy has gone up by 10% and female literacy rate has gone up by 14%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Mandha

Total Male Female
Change 11 11 14
2011 60 78 39
2001 49 68 25

Workers profile

Mandha has 45% (332) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 46% male and 43% female population are working population. 5% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 41% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 1% of total female population are main and 42% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Mandha

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 45 3 42 55
Male 46 5 41 54
Female 43 1 42 57