Kohriya Ka Gaon Village, with population of 664 is Jaisalmer sub district's the 98th most populous village, located in Jaisalmer sub district of Jaisalmer district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Kohriya Ka Gaon village is 19 km2 and it is the 105th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 34 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jaisalmer and distance from Kohriya Ka Gaon village to Jaisalmer is 65 km. Pin code of Kohriya Ka Gaon village is 345001. Jaisalmer is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 65 km. District head quarter of the village is Jaisalmer which is 65 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 664 people, among them 353 (53%) are male and 311 (47%) are female. 70% of the whole population are from general caste and 30% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kohriya Ka Gaon village is 27%, among them 46% are boys and 54% are girls. There are 139 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Kohriya Ka Gaon

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 664 463 0 201 181
Male 353 246 0 107 84
Female 311 217 0 94 97

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 881 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 882, and in schedule tribe is 879. There are 1155 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 177 people in the village are literate, among them 135 are male and 42 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kohriya Ka Gaon is 37%. 50% of male and 20% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Kohriya Ka Gaon has 46% (308) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 48% male and 44% female population are working population. 36% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 12% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 16% of total female population are main and 28% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Kohriya Ka Gaon

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 46 27 20 54
Male 48 36 13 52
Female 44 16 28 56