Kheerwa Village, with population of 969 is Phalodi sub district's the 176th most populous village, located in Phalodi sub district of Jodhpur district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Kheerwa village is 37 km2 and it is the 35th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 26 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Phalodi and distance from Kheerwa village to Phalodi is 20 km. Pin code of Kheerwa village is 342301. Phalodi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 20 km. District head quarter of the village is Jodhpur which is 160 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 969 people, among them 504 (52%) are male and 465 (48%) are female. 57% of the whole population are from general caste, 21% are from schedule caste and 22% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kheerwa village is 23%, among them 52% are boys and 48% are girls. There are 160 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Kheerwa

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 969 550 202 217 220
Male 504 285 104 115 115
Female 465 265 98 102 105

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 11.6% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 868. Female population growth rate of the village is 12.3% which is 1.3% higher than male population growth rate of 11%. General caste population has decreased by -10.1%; Schedule caste population has increased by 65.6%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 61.9% and child population has increased by 4.8% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Kheerwa

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 12 -10 66 62 5
Male 11 -11 73 58 2
Female 12 -9 58 67 8

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 923 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 930, in schedule caste is 942 and in schedule tribe is 887. There are 913 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 11 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 55 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Kheerwa

Total General SC ST Child
Change 11 23 -91 51 55
2011 923 930 942 887 913
2001 912 907 1,033 836 858

Literacy

Total 354 people in the village are literate, among them 253 are male and 101 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kheerwa is 47%. 65% of male and 28% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -13%. Male literacy has gone down by -16% and female literacy rate has gone down by -9%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Kheerwa

Total Male Female
Change -12 -16 -9
2011 47 65 28
2001 60 81 37

Workers profile

Kheerwa has 24% (232) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 42% male and 5% female population are working population. 39% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 3% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 1% of total female population are main and 4% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Kheerwa

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 24 21 3 76
Male 42 39 3 58
Female 5 1 4 95