Ratanpura Village, with population of 4650 is Sri Madhopur sub district's the 18th most populous village, located in Sri Madhopur sub district of Sikar district in the state Rajasthan in India.

Nearest town of the village is Sri Madhopur and distance from Ratanpura village to Sri Madhopur is 15 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Ratanpura village is 332712.

Demographics

The village is home to 4650 people, among them 2256 (49%) are male and 2394 (51%) are female. 95% of the whole population are from general caste, 5% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Ratanpura village is 16%, among them 54% are boys and 46% are girls. There are 836 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 7.2% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 4338. Female population growth rate of the village is 9.5% which is 4.6% higher than male population growth rate of 4.9%. General caste population has increased by 7.3%; Schedule caste population has increased by 5.9% and child population has decreased by -15.1% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1061 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1059, in schedule caste is 1100. There are 837 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 44 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 161 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Literacy

Total 2553 people in the village are literate, among them 1469 are male and 1084 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Ratanpura is 65%. 79% of male and 53% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -7%. Male literacy has gone down by -2% and female literacy rate has gone down by -11%.

Workers profile

Ratanpura has 35% (1636) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 39% male and 31% female population are working population. 32% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 7% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 12% of total female population are main and 19% are marginal workers.