Vidara (Rural) Village, with population of 2732 is Shahpura sub district's the 27th most populous village, located in Shahpura sub district of Jaipur district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Vidara (Rural) village is 7 km2 and it is the 19th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 391 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Shahpura and distance from Vidara (Rural) village to Shahpura is 2 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Vidara (Rural) village is 303103. Shahpura is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 3 km. District head quarter of the village is Jaipur which is 57 km away. 1.29 square kilometer (18%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 2732 people, among them 1495 (55%) are male and 1237 (45%) are female. 72% of the whole population are from general caste, 14% are from schedule caste and 15% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Vidara (Rural) village is 14%, among them 58% are boys and 42% are girls. There are 418 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Vidara (Rural)

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,732 1,954 374 404 390
Male 1,495 1,085 206 204 228
Female 1,237 869 168 200 162

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 13.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 2409. Female population growth rate of the village is 11.2% which is -4.1% lower than male population growth rate of 15.3%. General caste population has increased by 9.4%; Schedule caste population has increased by 17.6%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 32.5% and child population has decreased by -18.9% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Vidara (Rural)

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 13 9 18 33 -19
Male 15 12 17 32 -14
Female 11 6 18 33 -25

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 827 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 801, in schedule caste is 816 and in schedule tribe is 980. There are 711 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 30 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 104 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Vidara (Rural)

Total General SC ST Child
Change -30 -48 9 12 -104
2011 827 801 816 980 711
2001 857 849 807 968 815

Literacy

Total 1744 people in the village are literate, among them 1123 are male and 621 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Vidara (Rural) is 74%. 89% of male and 58% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -2%. Male literacy has gone up by 6% and female literacy rate has gone down by -9%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Vidara (Rural)

Total Male Female
Change -1 5 -9
2011 75 89 58
2001 76 83 67

Workers profile

Vidara (Rural) has 42% (1140) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 44% male and 39% female population are working population. 37% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 8% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 15% of total female population are main and 23% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Vidara (Rural)

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 42 27 15 58
Male 44 37 8 56
Female 39 15 23 61