Alavayal Village, with population of 327 is Thirumayam sub district's the 18th least populous village, located in Thirumayam sub district of Pudukkottai district in the state Tamil Nadu in India. Total geographical area of Alavayal village is 1 km2 and it is the 2nd smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 461 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Thirumayam. Pin code of Alavayal village is 622507. The village comes under Melur panchayat. Thirumayam is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 1 km. District head quarter of the village is Pudukkottai which is 22 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 327 people, among them 176 (54%) are male and 151 (46%) are female. 67% of the whole population are from general caste, 33% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Alavayal village is 9%, among them 66% are boys and 34% are girls. There are 83 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Alavayal

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 327 219 108 0 29
Male 176 121 55 0 19
Female 151 98 53 0 10

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 858 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 810, in schedule caste is 964. There are 526 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 269 people in the village are literate, among them 154 are male and 115 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Alavayal is 90%. 98% of male and 82% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Alavayal has 36% (117) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 51% male and 19% female population are working population. 16% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 35% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 5% of total female population are main and 13% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Alavayal

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 36 11 25 64
Male 51 16 35 49
Female 19 5 13 82