Bhaire Village, with population of 1389 is Karwar sub district's the 14th most populous village, located in Karwar sub district of Uttara Kannada district in the state Karnataka in India. Total geographical area of Bhaire village is 27 km2 and it is the 7th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 52 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Karwar and distance from Bhaire village to Karwar is 30 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Bhaire village is 581317. The village comes under Gotegali panchayat. Karwar is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 30 km. District head quarter of the village is Karwar which is 30 km away. 21.69 square kilometer (81%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.


The village is home to 1389 people, among them 660 (48%) are male and 729 (52%) are female. 98% of the whole population are from general caste, 2% are from schedule caste and 0% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Bhaire village is 10%, among them 57% are boys and 43% are girls. There are 386 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -7.2% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1497. Female population growth rate of the village is -6.5% which is 1.4% higher than male population growth rate of -7.9%. General caste population has increased by 1.7%; Schedule caste population has increased by 23.5%; Schedule Tribe population has decreased by -97.8% and child population has decreased by -5.7% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1105 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1110, in schedule caste is 909 and in schedule tribe is 500. There are 760 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 17 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 573 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.


Total 973 people in the village are literate, among them 501 are male and 472 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Bhaire is 77%. 86% of male and 70% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 6%. Male literacy has gone up by 4% and female literacy rate has gone up by 9%.

Workers profile

Bhaire has 43% (595) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 52% male and 35% female population are working population. 36% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 15% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 10% of total female population are main and 25% are marginal workers.