Kathimanipalle Village, with population of 706 is Kuppam sub district's the 21st least populous village, located in Kuppam sub district of Chittoor district in the state Andhra Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Kathimanipalle village is 1 km2 and it is the 8th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 699 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Punganur and distance from Kathimanipalle village to Punganur is 50 km. Pin code of Kathimanipalle village is 517425. The village comes under Kamathamur panchayat. Kuppam is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 2 km. District head quarter of the village is Chittoor which is 122 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 706 people, among them 372 (53%) are male and 334 (47%) are female. 85% of the whole population are from general caste, 15% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kathimanipalle village is 12%, among them 54% are boys and 46% are girls. There are 178 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 20.5% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 586. Female population growth rate of the village is 18.4% which is -4% lower than male population growth rate of 22.4%. General caste population has increased by 13%; Schedule caste population has increased by 91.1% and child population has increased by 16.4% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 898 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 872, in schedule caste is 1058. There are 848 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 30 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 73 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Literacy

Total 431 people in the village are literate, among them 259 are male and 172 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kathimanipalle is 69%. 79% of male and 58% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -1%. Male literacy has gone down by -3% and female literacy rate has gone down by 1%.

Workers profile

Kathimanipalle has 61% (432) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 61% male and 62% female population are working population. 59% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 2% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 61% of total female population are main and 1% are marginal workers.