Marrimakulachenu Khandriga Village, with population of 326 is Srikalahasti sub district's the 9th least populous village, located in Srikalahasti sub district of Chittoor district in the state Andhra Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Marrimakulachenu Khandriga village is 2 km2 and it is the 16th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 187 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Srikalahasti and distance from Marrimakulachenu Khandriga village to Srikalahasti is 8 km. The village comes under Kapugunneri panchayat. Srikalahasti is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 8 km. District head quarter of the village is Chittoor which is 102 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 326 people, among them 168 (52%) are male and 158 (48%) are female. 10% of the whole population are from general caste, 74% are from schedule caste and 17% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Marrimakulachenu Khandriga village is 14%, among them 66% are boys and 34% are girls. There are 86 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 20.7% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 270. Female population growth rate of the village is 16.2% which is -9.2% lower than male population growth rate of 25.4%. General caste population has increased by 63.2%; Schedule caste population has increased by 24.2%; Schedule Tribe population has decreased by -5.3% and child population has increased by 38.2% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 940 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 938, in schedule caste is 975 and in schedule tribe is 800. There are 516 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 75 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 373 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Literacy

Total 175 people in the village are literate, among them 104 are male and 71 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Marrimakulachenu Khandriga is 63%. 76% of male and 50% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 15%. Male literacy has gone up by 11% and female literacy rate has gone up by 17%.

Workers profile

Marrimakulachenu Khandriga has 58% (190) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 56% male and 61% female population are working population. 53% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 3% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 56% of total female population are main and 5% are marginal workers.