Guntakindapalle Village, with population of 722 is Srikalahasti sub district's the 29th least populous village, located in Srikalahasti sub district of Chittoor district in the state Andhra Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Guntakindapalle village is 3 km2 and it is the 27th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 245 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Srikalahasti and distance from Guntakindapalle village to Srikalahasti is 10 km. Pin code of Guntakindapalle village is 517641. The village comes under Guntakindapalle panchayat. Srikalahasti is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 10 km. District head quarter of the village is Chittoor which is 118 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 722 people, among them 374 (52%) are male and 348 (48%) are female. 52% of the whole population are from general caste, 46% are from schedule caste and 2% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Guntakindapalle village is 10%, among them 57% are boys and 43% are girls. There are 195 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 11.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 648. Female population growth rate of the village is 14.5% which is 5.8% higher than male population growth rate of 8.7%. General caste population has decreased by -1.3%; Schedule caste population has increased by 23.6% and child population has increased by 19.4% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 930 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 909, in schedule caste is 964 and in schedule tribe is 778. There are 762 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 46 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 452 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Literacy

Total 402 people in the village are literate, among them 242 are male and 160 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Guntakindapalle is 62%. 73% of male and 51% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -23%. Male literacy has gone down by -18% and female literacy rate has gone down by -26%.

Workers profile

Guntakindapalle has 43% (311) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 51% male and 35% female population are working population. 20% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 31% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 2% of total female population are main and 33% are marginal workers.