Cherukulapadu Village, with population of 80 is Srikalahasti sub district's the 3rd least populous village, located in Srikalahasti sub district of Chittoor district in the state Andhra Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Cherukulapadu village is 2 km2 and it is the 12th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 48 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Srikalahasti and distance from Cherukulapadu village to Srikalahasti is 5 km. Pin code of Cherukulapadu village is 517536. The village comes under Udamalapadu panchayat. Srikalahasti is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 5 km. District head quarter of the village is Chittoor which is 113 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 80 people, among them 41 (51%) are male and 39 (49%) are female. 6% of the whole population are from general caste, 94% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Cherukulapadu village is 14%, among them 64% are boys and 36% are girls. There are 29 households in the village and an average 3 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -55.8% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 181. Female population growth rate of the village is -58.9% which is -6.6% lower than male population growth rate of -52.3%. General caste population has decreased by -76.2%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -52.8% and child population has decreased by -47.6% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 951 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 250, in schedule caste is 1027. There are 571 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 154 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 529 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Literacy

Total 39 people in the village are literate, among them 26 are male and 13 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Cherukulapadu is 57%. 76% of male and 37% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -4%. Male literacy has gone down by 1% and female literacy rate has gone down by -12%.

Workers profile

Cherukulapadu has 53% (42) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 51% male and 54% female population are working population. 49% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 2% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 51% of total female population are main and 3% are marginal workers.