Chanugondla Village, with population of 3258 is Dhone sub district's the 8th least populous village, located in Dhone sub district of Kurnool district in the state Andhra Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Chanugondla village is 34 km2 and it is the 3rd biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 95 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Dhone and distance from Chanugondla village to Dhone is 25 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Chanugondla village is 518222. The village comes under Chanugondla panchayat. Dhone is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 25 km. District head quarter of the village is Kurnool which is 75 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 3258 people, among them 1670 (51%) are male and 1588 (49%) are female. 96% of the whole population are from general caste, 4% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Chanugondla village is 14%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 675 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Chanugondla

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 3,258 3,122 136 0 459
Male 1,670 1,601 69 0 242
Female 1,588 1,521 67 0 217

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 0.5% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 3241. Female population growth rate of the village is 1.7% which is 2.2% higher than male population growth rate of -0.5%. General caste population has increased by 1.1%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -10.5% and child population has decreased by -15.3% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Chanugondla

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1 1 -11 0 -15
Male -1 0 -14 0 -14
Female 2 2 -7 0 -17

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 951 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 950, in schedule caste is 971. There are 897 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 21 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 39 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Chanugondla

Total General SC ST Child
Change 21 18 71 0 -39
2011 951 950 971 0 897
2001 930 932 900 0 936

Literacy

Total 1193 people in the village are literate, among them 820 are male and 373 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Chanugondla is 43%. 57% of male and 27% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 6%. Male literacy has gone up by 6% and female literacy rate has gone up by 5%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Chanugondla

Total Male Female
Change 6 6 5
2011 43 57 27
2001 37 51 22

Workers profile

Chanugondla has 63% (2039) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 60% male and 65% female population are working population. 60% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 0% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 65% of total female population are main and 0% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Chanugondla

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 63 62 0 37
Male 60 60 0 40
Female 65 65 0 35