Erlapudi Village, with population of about 12 thousand is Khammam (Urban) sub district's the most populous village, located in Khammam (Urban) sub district of Khammam district in the state Telangana in India. Total geographical area of Erlapudi village is 58 km2 and it is the biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 206 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Khammam and distance from Erlapudi village to Khammam is 20 km. The village comes under Pangidi, Erlapudi, Ramkya Thanda panchayat. Khammam(urban) is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 20 km. District head quarter of the village is Khammam which is 20 km away. 9.7 square kilometer (17%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to about 12 thousand people, among them 6114 (51%) are male and 5909 (49%) are female. 16% of the whole population are from general caste, 4% are from schedule caste and 80% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Erlapudi village is 15%, among them 54% are boys and 46% are girls. There are 3234 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Erlapudi

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 12,023 1,919 493 9,611 1,853
Male 6,114 965 233 4,916 992
Female 5,909 954 260 4,695 861

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 17.2% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were about 10 thousand. Female population growth rate of the village is 17.9% which is 1.4% higher than male population growth rate of 16.5%. General caste population has increased by 18.4%; Schedule caste population has increased by 42.5%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 15.9% and child population has increased by 4.1% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Erlapudi

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 17.2% 18.4% 42.5% 15.9% 4.1%
Male 16.5% 17.8% 30.9% 15.6% 12.2%
Female 17.9% 19% 54.8% 16.1% -3.9%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 966 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 989, in schedule caste is 1116 and in schedule tribe is 955. There are 868 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 11 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 146 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Erlapudi

Total General SC ST Child
Change 11 10 172 4 -146
2011 966 989 1116 955 868
2001 955 979 944 951 1014

Literacy

Total 4541 people in the village are literate, among them 2789 are male and 1752 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Erlapudi is 45%. 54% of male and 35% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 10%. Male literacy has gone up by 7% and female literacy rate has gone up by 12%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Erlapudi

Total Male Female
Change 9.8% 7.9% 12.2%
2011 44.7% 54.5% 34.7%
2001 34.9% 46.6% 22.5%

Workers profile

Erlapudi has 60% (7271) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 59% male and 62% female population are working population. 56% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 3% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 59% of total female population are main and 4% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Erlapudi

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 60.5% 57.1% 3.4% 39.5%
Male 58.6% 55.7% 2.9% 41.4%
Female 62.4% 58.5% 3.9% 37.6%