Edulapur Village, with population of 863 is Chinnachintakunta sub district's the 4th least populous village, located in Chinnachintakunta sub district of Mahbubnagar district in the state Telangana in India. Total geographical area of Edulapur village is 3 km2 and it is the 2nd smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 318 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Gadwal and distance from Edulapur village to Gadwal is 30 km. Pin code of Edulapur village is 509409. The village comes under Chinnachintakunta panchayat. Chinnachintakunta is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 15 km. District head quarter of the village is Mahbubnagar which is 30 km away.


The village is home to 863 people, among them 425 (49%) are male and 438 (51%) are female. 97% of the whole population are from general caste, 2% are from schedule caste and 1% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Edulapur village is 11%, among them 54% are boys and 46% are girls. There are 186 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 16.3% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 742. Female population growth rate of the village is 12.6% which is -7.8% lower than male population growth rate of 20.4%. General caste population has increased by 62.2%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -92.1%; Schedule Tribe population has decreased by -10% and child population has increased by 5.6% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1031 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1057, in schedule caste is 417 and in schedule tribe is 500. There are 863 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 71 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 63 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.


Total 470 people in the village are literate, among them 293 are male and 177 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Edulapur is 61%. 78% of male and 45% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 18%. Male literacy has gone up by 14% and female literacy rate has gone up by 20%.

Workers profile

Edulapur has 57% (495) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 57% male and 58% female population are working population. 56% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 1% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 57% of total female population are main and 1% are marginal workers.