Ratanwadi Village, with population of 1118 is Akola sub district's the 96th least populous village, located in Akola sub district of Ahmadnagar district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Ratanwadi village is 18 km2 and it is the 13th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 63 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Igatpuri and distance from Ratanwadi village to Igatpuri is 63 km. Akola is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 62 km. District head quarter of the village is Ahmadnagar which is 170 km away. 7.15 square kilometer (40%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 1118 people, among them 572 (51%) are male and 546 (49%) are female. 0% of the whole population are from general caste, 1% are from schedule caste and 98% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Ratanwadi village is 14%, among them 52% are boys and 48% are girls. There are 256 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Ratanwadi

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,118 5 12 1,101 157
Male 572 3 5 564 82
Female 546 2 7 537 75

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 955 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 667, in schedule caste is 1400 and in schedule tribe is 952. There are 915 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 585 people in the village are literate, among them 348 are male and 237 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Ratanwadi is 61%. 71% of male and 50% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Ratanwadi has 63% (700) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 59% male and 66% female population are working population. 53% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 6% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 59% of total female population are main and 7% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Ratanwadi

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 63 56 7 37
Male 59 53 7 41
Female 66 59 7 34