Dhumalwadi Village, with population of 721 is Shirur sub district's the 6th least populous village, located in Shirur sub district of Pune district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Dhumalwadi village is 9 km2 and it is the 48th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 78 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Shirur and distance from Dhumalwadi village to Shirur is 30 km. Pin code of Dhumalwadi village is 412210. Shirur is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 30 km. District head quarter of the village is Pune which is 75 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 721 people, among them 371 (51%) are male and 350 (49%) are female. 100% of the whole population are from general caste, 0% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Dhumalwadi village is 11%, among them 46% are boys and 54% are girls. There are 135 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Dhumalwadi

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 721 720 1 0 78
Male 371 371 0 0 36
Female 350 349 1 0 42

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 943 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 941,. There are 1167 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 479 people in the village are literate, among them 276 are male and 203 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Dhumalwadi is 74%. 82% of male and 66% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Dhumalwadi has 64% (459) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 64% male and 64% female population are working population. 63% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 1% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 64% of total female population are main and 0% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Dhumalwadi

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 64 63 0 36
Male 64 63 1 36
Female 64 64 0 36