Varnol Village, with population of 270 is Vada sub district's the 15th least populous village, located in Vada sub district of Thane district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Varnol village is 2 km2 and it is the 53rd smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 114 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Bhiwandi and distance from Varnol village to Bhiwandi is 38 km. Vada is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 55 km. District head quarter of the village is Thane which is 60 km away. 1.37 square kilometer (58%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 270 people, among them 123 (46%) are male and 147 (54%) are female. 33% of the whole population are from general caste and 67% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Varnol village is 16%, among them 43% are boys and 57% are girls. There are 57 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Varnol

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 270 90 0 180 44
Male 123 47 0 76 19
Female 147 43 0 104 25

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 48.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 182. Female population growth rate of the village is 58.1% which is 19.9% higher than male population growth rate of 38.2%. General caste population has increased by 13.9%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 74.8% and child population has increased by 46.7% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Varnol

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 48.4% 13.9% 0% 74.8% 46.7%
Male 38.2% 17.5% 0% 55.1% 46.2%
Female 58.1% 10.3% 0% 92.6% 47.1%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1195 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 915, and in schedule tribe is 1368. There are 1316 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 150 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 8 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Varnol

Total General SC ST Child
Change 150 -60 0 266 8
2011 1195 915 0 1368 1316
2001 1045 975 0 1102 1308

Literacy

Total 142 people in the village are literate, among them 76 are male and 66 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Varnol is 63%. 73% of male and 54% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 2%. Male literacy has gone up by 5% and female literacy rate has gone down by 0%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Varnol

Total Male Female
Change 1.6% 4.7% 0.2%
2011 62.8% 73.1% 54.1%
2001 61.2% 68.4% 53.9%

Workers profile

Varnol has 56% (150) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 63% male and 49% female population are working population. 59% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 5% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 22% of total female population are main and 27% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Varnol

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 55.6% 38.9% 16.7% 44.4%
Male 63.4% 58.5% 4.9% 36.6%
Female 49% 22.4% 26.5% 51%