Shirsad Village, with population of 685 is Vada sub district's the 75th least populous village, located in Vada sub district of Thane district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Shirsad village is 3 km2 and it is the 73rd smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 222 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jawhar and distance from Shirsad village to Jawhar is 34 km. Pin code of Shirsad village is 421303. Vada is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 7 km. District head quarter of the village is Thane which is 60 km away. 1.04 square kilometer (34%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 685 people, among them 349 (51%) are male and 336 (49%) are female. 66% of the whole population are from general caste and 34% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Shirsad village is 12%, among them 49% are boys and 51% are girls. There are 148 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Shirsad

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 685 449 0 236 82
Male 349 222 0 127 40
Female 336 227 0 109 42

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 45.1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 472. Female population growth rate of the village is 49.3% which is 8% higher than male population growth rate of 41.3%. General caste population has increased by 19.4%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 159.3% and child population has decreased by -4.7% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Shirsad

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 45.1% 19.4% -100% 159.3% -4.7%
Male 41.3% 13.3% -100% 159.2% -14.9%
Female 49.3% 26.1% -100% 159.5% 7.7%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 963 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1023, and in schedule tribe is 858. There are 1050 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 52 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 220 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Shirsad

Total General SC ST Child
Change 52 105 -1500 1 220
2011 963 1023 0 858 1050
2001 911 918 1500 857 830

Literacy

Total 432 people in the village are literate, among them 243 are male and 189 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Shirsad is 72%. 79% of male and 64% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 2%. Male literacy has gone down by 1% and female literacy rate has gone down by 1%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Shirsad

Total Male Female
Change 1.1% 1.1% 1.4%
2011 71.6% 78.6% 64.3%
2001 70.5% 77.5% 62.9%

Workers profile

Shirsad has 52% (358) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 57% male and 47% female population are working population. 5% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 52% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 2% of total female population are main and 46% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Shirsad

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 52.3% 3.5% 48.8% 47.7%
Male 57% 5.2% 51.9% 43%
Female 47.3% 1.8% 45.5% 52.7%