Vadavali Tarf Gaon Village, with population of 569 is Vada sub district's the 57th least populous village, located in Vada sub district of Thane district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Vadavali Tarf Gaon village is 1 km2 and it is the 5th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 581 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jawhar and distance from Vadavali Tarf Gaon village to Jawhar is 16 km. Vada is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 34 km. District head quarter of the village is Thane which is 93 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 569 people, among them 274 (48%) are male and 295 (52%) are female. 0% of the whole population are from general caste, 0% are from schedule caste and 100% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Vadavali Tarf Gaon village is 19%, among them 50% are boys and 50% are girls. There are 104 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Vadavali Tarf Gaon

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 569 1 1 567 106
Male 274 1 1 272 53
Female 295 0 0 295 53

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 48.2% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 384. Female population growth rate of the village is 53.6% which is 10.9% higher than male population growth rate of 42.7%.; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 47.7% and child population has increased by 15.2% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Vadavali Tarf Gaon

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 48.2% 0% 0% 47.7% 15.2%
Male 42.7% 0% 0% 41.7% 6%
Female 53.6% 0% 0% 53.6% 26.2%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1077 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in and in schedule tribe is 1085. There are 1000 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 77 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 160 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Vadavali Tarf Gaon

Total General SC ST Child
Change 77 0 0 85 160
2011 1077 0 0 1085 1000
2001 1000 0 0 1000 840

Literacy

Total 269 people in the village are literate, among them 156 are male and 113 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Vadavali Tarf Gaon is 58%. 71% of male and 47% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 11%. Male literacy has gone up by 8% and female literacy rate has gone up by 16%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Vadavali Tarf Gaon

Total Male Female
Change 11.2% 7.2% 15.4%
2011 58.1% 70.6% 46.7%
2001 46.9% 63.4% 31.3%

Workers profile

Vadavali Tarf Gaon has 49% (277) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 48% male and 49% female population are working population. 47% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 1% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 48% of total female population are main and 1% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Vadavali Tarf Gaon

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 48.7% 48% 0.7% 51.3%
Male 48.2% 47.4% 0.7% 51.8%
Female 49.2% 48.5% 0.7% 50.8%