Mangrul Village, with population of 1941 is Vada sub district's the 13th most populous village, located in Vada sub district of Thane district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Mangrul village is 17 km2 and it is the 3rd biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 111 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jawhar and distance from Mangrul village to Jawhar is 35 km. Vada is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 74 km. District head quarter of the village is Thane which is 14 km away. 10.46 square kilometer (60%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 1941 people, among them 967 (50%) are male and 974 (50%) are female. 4% of the whole population are from general caste, 0% are from schedule caste and 95% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Mangrul village is 14%, among them 49% are boys and 51% are girls. There are 403 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Mangrul

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,941 84 5 1,852 270
Male 967 43 3 921 133
Female 974 41 2 931 137

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 26.5% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1534. Female population growth rate of the village is 22.8% which is -7.7% lower than male population growth rate of 30.5%. General caste population has decreased by 0%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 27.7% and child population has decreased by -1.5% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Mangrul

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 26.5% 0% 0% 27.7% -1.5%
Male 30.5% 4.9% 0% 31.6% 8.1%
Female 22.8% -4.7% 0% 24.1% -9.3%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1007 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 953, in schedule caste is 667 and in schedule tribe is 1011. There are 1030 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 63 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 198 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Mangrul

Total General SC ST Child
Change -63 -96 667 -60 -198
2011 1007 953 667 1011 1030
2001 1070 1049 0 1071 1228

Literacy

Total 1069 people in the village are literate, among them 608 are male and 461 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Mangrul is 64%. 73% of male and 55% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 15%. Male literacy has gone up by 11% and female literacy rate has gone up by 19%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Mangrul

Total Male Female
Change 15.3% 10.8% 19.3%
2011 64% 72.9% 55.1%
2001 48.7% 62.1% 35.8%

Workers profile

Mangrul has 60% (1159) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 59% male and 60% female population are working population. 9% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 50% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 5% of total female population are main and 55% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Mangrul

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 59.7% 7% 52.7% 40.3%
Male 59% 8.8% 50.3% 41%
Female 60.4% 5.2% 55.1% 39.6%