Dongaste Village, with population of 600 is Vada sub district's the 64th least populous village, located in Vada sub district of Thane district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Dongaste village is 2 km2 and it is the 38th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 319 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Bhiwandi and distance from Dongaste village to Bhiwandi is 30 km. Pin code of Dongaste village is 421312. Vada is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 55 km. District head quarter of the village is Thane which is 47 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 600 people, among them 318 (53%) are male and 282 (47%) are female. 64% of the whole population are from general caste, 4% are from schedule caste and 32% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Dongaste village is 11%, among them 50% are boys and 50% are girls. There are 125 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Dongaste

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 600 386 23 191 66
Male 318 197 9 112 33
Female 282 189 14 79 33

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 37% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 438. Female population growth rate of the village is 39.6% which is 4.9% higher than male population growth rate of 34.7%. General caste population has increased by 18.4%; Schedule caste population has increased by 35.3%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 101.1% and child population has increased by 26.9% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Dongaste

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 37% 18.4% 35.3% 101.1% 26.9%
Male 34.7% 11.9% 50% 107.4% 22.2%
Female 39.6% 26% 27.3% 92.7% 32%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 887 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 959, in schedule caste is 1556 and in schedule tribe is 705. There are 1000 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 31 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 74 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Dongaste

Total General SC ST Child
Change 31 107 -277 -54 74
2011 887 959 1556 705 1000
2001 856 852 1833 759 926

Literacy

Total 407 people in the village are literate, among them 238 are male and 169 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Dongaste is 76%. 84% of male and 68% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -4%. Male literacy has gone down by -3% and female literacy rate has gone down by -4%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Dongaste

Total Male Female
Change -3.9% -3.6% -3.9%
2011 76.2% 83.5% 67.9%
2001 80.1% 87.1% 71.8%

Workers profile

Dongaste has 53% (315) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 53% male and 52% female population are working population. 19% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 34% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 9% of total female population are main and 43% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Dongaste

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 52.5% 14.5% 38% 47.5%
Male 52.8% 19.2% 33.6% 47.2%
Female 52.1% 9.2% 42.9% 47.9%