Palsai Village, with population of 1640 is Vada sub district's the 19th most populous village, located in Vada sub district of Thane district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Palsai village is 10 km2 and it is the 15th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 161 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Bhiwandi and distance from Palsai village to Bhiwandi is 15 km. Vada is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 15 km. District head quarter of the village is Thane which is 62 km away. 4.98 square kilometer (49%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 1640 people, among them 871 (53%) are male and 769 (47%) are female. 36% of the whole population are from general caste, 3% are from schedule caste and 60% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Palsai village is 14%, among them 57% are boys and 43% are girls. There are 364 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Palsai

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,640 595 57 988 223
Male 871 337 29 505 127
Female 769 258 28 483 96

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 52.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1076. Female population growth rate of the village is 44% which is -16.7% lower than male population growth rate of 60.7%. General caste population has increased by 16.4%; Schedule caste population has increased by 39%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 88.5% and child population has increased by 78.4% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Palsai

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 52.4% 16.4% 39% 88.5% 78.4%
Male 60.7% 29.6% 52.6% 92% 95.4%
Female 44% 2.8% 27.3% 85.1% 60%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 883 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 766, in schedule caste is 966 and in schedule tribe is 956. There are 756 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 102 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 167 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Palsai

Total General SC ST Child
Change -102 -199 -192 -36 -167
2011 883 766 966 956 756
2001 985 965 1158 992 923

Literacy

Total 889 people in the village are literate, among them 528 are male and 361 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Palsai is 63%. 71% of male and 54% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -6%. Male literacy has gone down by -8% and female literacy rate has gone down by -4%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Palsai

Total Male Female
Change -6.0% -8.2% -4.4%
2011 62.7% 71% 53.6%
2001 68.7% 79.2% 58%

Workers profile

Palsai has 47% (763) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 59% male and 33% female population are working population. 13% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 46% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 2% of total female population are main and 31% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Palsai

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 46.5% 7.6% 39% 53.5%
Male 58.7% 12.9% 45.8% 41.3%
Female 32.8% 1.6% 31.2% 67.2%