Raysalgaon (N.V.) Village, with population of 441 is Vada sub district's the 34th least populous village, located in Vada sub district of Thane district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Raysalgaon (N.V.) village is 4 km2 and it is the 78th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 119 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Palghar and distance from Raysalgaon (N.V.) village to Palghar is 25 km. Vada is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 18 km. District head quarter of the village is Thane which is 70 km away. 0.65 square kilometer (18%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 441 people, among them 226 (51%) are male and 215 (49%) are female. 3% of the whole population are from general caste and 97% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Raysalgaon (N.V.) village is 15%, among them 50% are boys and 50% are girls. There are 88 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Raysalgaon (N.V.)

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 441 12 0 429 64
Male 226 7 0 219 32
Female 215 5 0 210 32

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 951 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 714, and in schedule tribe is 959. There are 1000 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 211 people in the village are literate, among them 126 are male and 85 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Raysalgaon (N.V.) is 56%. 65% of male and 46% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Raysalgaon (N.V.) has 59% (261) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 57% male and 61% female population are working population. 53% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 4% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 57% of total female population are main and 4% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Raysalgaon (N.V.)

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 59.2% 54.9% 4.3% 40.8%
Male 57.1% 52.7% 4.4% 42.9%
Female 61.4% 57.2% 4.2% 38.6%