Kumbhari Village, with population of 1075 is Jafferabad sub district's the 44th least populous village, located in Jafferabad sub district of Jalna district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Kumbhari village is 5 km2 and it is the 39th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 215 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Chikhli and distance from Kumbhari village to Chikhli is 30 km. Pin code of Kumbhari village is 431206. Jafferabad is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 7 km. District head quarter of the village is Jalna which is 65 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 1075 people, among them 551 (51%) are male and 524 (49%) are female. 84% of the whole population are from general caste, 14% are from schedule caste and 2% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kumbhari village is 16%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 243 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Kumbhari

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,075 902 155 18 173
Male 551 456 85 10 91
Female 524 446 70 8 82

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 35.2% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 795. Female population growth rate of the village is 33.3% which is -3.8% lower than male population growth rate of 37.1%. General caste population has increased by 23.9%; Schedule caste population has increased by 171.9%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 80% and child population has increased by 21% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Kumbhari

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 35 24 172 80 21
Male 37 23 215 100 15
Female 33 25 133 60 28

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 951 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 978, in schedule caste is 824 and in schedule tribe is 800. There are 901 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 27 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 91 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Kumbhari

Total General SC ST Child
Change -27 10 -287 -200 91
2011 951 978 824 800 901
2001 978 968 1,111 1,000 810

Literacy

Total 746 people in the village are literate, among them 413 are male and 333 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kumbhari is 83%. 90% of male and 75% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 21%. Male literacy has gone up by 5% and female literacy rate has gone up by 36%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Kumbhari

Total Male Female
Change 21 4 36
2011 83 90 75
2001 62 85 39

Workers profile

Kumbhari has 58% (624) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 56% male and 60% female population are working population. 54% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 2% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 56% of total female population are main and 4% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Kumbhari

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 58 55 3 42
Male 56 54 2 44
Female 60 57 4 40