Khanpur Village, with population of 1122 is Vyara sub district's the 66th least populous village, located in Vyara sub district of Tapi district in the state Gujarat in India.

Nearest town of the village is Vyara and distance from Khanpur village to Vyara is 12 km. Pin code of Khanpur village is 394635.

Demographics

The village is home to 1122 people, among them 553 (49%) are male and 569 (51%) are female. 4% of the whole population are from general caste and 96% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Khanpur village is 8%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 247 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 2.3% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1097. Female population growth rate of the village is 2.2% which is -0.2% lower than male population growth rate of 2.4%. General caste population has increased by 300%; Schedule Tribe population has decreased by -1% and child population has decreased by -32.8% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1029 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 846, and in schedule tribe is 1038. There are 870 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 2 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 41 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Literacy

Total 771 people in the village are literate, among them 422 are male and 349 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Khanpur is 74%. 83% of male and 66% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 2%. Male literacy has gone down by 1% and female literacy rate has gone up by 3%.

Workers profile

Khanpur has 49% (549) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 60% male and 38% female population are working population. 58% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 2% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 18% of total female population are main and 20% are marginal workers.