Adroda Village, with population of 2474 is Bavla sub district's the 20th most populous village, located in Bavla sub district of Ahmadabad district in the state Gujarat in India. Total geographical area of Adroda village is 15 km2 and it is the 19th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 166 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Bavla and distance from Adroda village to Bavla is 6 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Adroda village is 382220. The village comes under Adroda panchayat. Bavla is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 6 km. District head quarter of the village is Ahmadabad which is 40 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 2474 people, among them 1279 (52%) are male and 1195 (48%) are female. 79% of the whole population are from general caste, 21% are from schedule caste and 0% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Adroda village is 13%, among them 55% are boys and 45% are girls. There are 553 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Adroda

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,474 1,953 515 6 331
Male 1,279 1,011 265 3 182
Female 1,195 942 250 3 149

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 5.6% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 2343. Female population growth rate of the village is 6.1% which is 1% higher than male population growth rate of 5.1%. General caste population has increased by 6.5%; Schedule caste population has increased by 2.8%; Schedule Tribe population has decreased by -33.3% and child population has decreased by -2.9% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Adroda

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 6 7 3 -33 -3
Male 5 7 -1 -25 -6
Female 6 6 7 -40 1

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 934 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 932, in schedule caste is 943 and in schedule tribe is 1000. There are 819 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 9 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 61 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Adroda

Total General SC ST Child
Change 9 -6 67 -250 61
2011 934 932 943 1,000 819
2001 925 938 876 1,250 758

Literacy

Total 1535 people in the village are literate, among them 903 are male and 632 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Adroda is 72%. 82% of male and 60% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 9%. Male literacy has gone up by 4% and female literacy rate has gone up by 12%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Adroda

Total Male Female
Change 8 5 12
2011 72 82 60
2001 63 78 48

Workers profile

Adroda has 45% (1125) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 58% male and 32% female population are working population. 48% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 10% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 11% of total female population are main and 21% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Adroda

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 46 30 15 55
Male 58 48 10 42
Female 32 11 21 68