Sankod Village, with population of 2724 is Bavla sub district's the 18th most populous village, located in Bavla sub district of Ahmadabad district in the state Gujarat in India. Total geographical area of Sankod village is 18 km2 and it is the 13th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 148 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Bavla and distance from Sankod village to Bavla is 12 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Sankod village is 382220. The village comes under Sankod panchayat. Bavla is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 12 km. District head quarter of the village is Ahmadabad which is 54 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 2724 people, among them 1409 (52%) are male and 1315 (48%) are female. 95% of the whole population are from general caste, 5% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Sankod village is 19%, among them 55% are boys and 45% are girls. There are 535 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Sankod

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,724 2,592 132 0 504
Male 1,409 1,340 69 0 278
Female 1,315 1,252 63 0 226

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 24% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 2196. Female population growth rate of the village is 26.7% which is 5% higher than male population growth rate of 21.7%. General caste population has increased by 27.1%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -13.2% and child population has increased by 47.8% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Sankod

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 24% 27.1% -13.2% -100% 47.8%
Male 21.7% 24.1% -9.2% -100% 73.8%
Female 26.7% 30.4% -17.1% -100% 24.9%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 933 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 934, in schedule caste is 913. There are 813 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 37 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 318 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Sankod

Total General SC ST Child
Change 37 45 -87 -1000 -318
2011 933 934 913 0 813
2001 896 889 1000 1000 1131

Literacy

Total 1069 people in the village are literate, among them 715 are male and 354 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Sankod is 48%. 63% of male and 33% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by 1%. Male literacy has gone down by -2% and female literacy rate has gone up by 8%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Sankod

Total Male Female
Change 1.6% -1.6% 7.2%
2011 48.2% 63.2% 32.5%
2001 46.6% 64.8% 25.3%

Workers profile

Sankod has 37% (1013) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 57% male and 16% female population are working population. 47% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 10% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 3% of total female population are main and 13% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Sankod

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 37.2% 26% 11.2% 62.8%
Male 57.3% 47.4% 9.9% 42.7%
Female 15.6% 3% 12.6% 84.4%