Loliya Village, with population of 1984 is Dholka sub district's the 32nd most populous village, located in Dholka sub district of Ahmadabad district in the state Gujarat in India. Total geographical area of Loliya village is 30 km2 and it is the 5th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 66 persons per km2.

Nearest railway station is Loliya which is within the village. Nearest town of the village is Dholka and distance from Loliya village to Dholka is 40 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Loliya village is 382465. The village comes under Loliya panchayat. Dholka is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 40 km. District head quarter of the village is Ahmadabad which is 80 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 1984 people, among them 1009 (51%) are male and 975 (49%) are female. 88% of the whole population are from general caste, 12% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Loliya village is 11%, among them 52% are boys and 48% are girls. There are 397 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Loliya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,984 1,748 236 0 227
Male 1,009 888 121 0 119
Female 975 860 115 0 108

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -0.2% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1988. Female population growth rate of the village is -0.6% which is -0.8% lower than male population growth rate of 0.2%. General caste population has increased by 0.9%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -7.8% and child population has decreased by -24.1% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Loliya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total -0 1 -8 0 -24
Male 0 1 -6 0 -21
Female -1 1 -10 0 -27

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 966 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 968, in schedule caste is 950. There are 908 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 8 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 72 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Loliya

Total General SC ST Child
Change -8 -2 -50 0 -72
2011 966 968 950 0 908
2001 974 970 1,000 0 980

Literacy

Total 1096 people in the village are literate, among them 665 are male and 431 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Loliya is 62%. 75% of male and 50% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by 0%. Male literacy has gone down by -2% and female literacy rate has gone up by 4%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Loliya

Total Male Female
Change 1 -2 3
2011 62 75 50
2001 62 77 47

Workers profile

Loliya has 34% (673) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 58% male and 9% female population are working population. 58% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 0% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 8% of total female population are main and 0% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Loliya

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 34 34 0 66
Male 58 58 0 42
Female 9 8 0 91