Dholi Village, with population of 869 is Dholka sub district's the 11th least populous village, located in Dholka sub district of Ahmadabad district in the state Gujarat in India. Total geographical area of Dholi village is 14 km2 and it is the 27th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 63 persons per km2.

Nearest railway station is Dholi which is within the village. Nearest town of the village is Dholka and distance from Dholi village to Dholka is 18 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Dholi village is 382240. The village comes under Dholi panchayat. Dholka is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 18 km. District head quarter of the village is Ahmadabad which is 58 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 869 people, among them 456 (52%) are male and 413 (48%) are female. 82% of the whole population are from general caste, 18% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Dholi village is 11%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 176 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Dholi

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 869 715 154 0 95
Male 456 376 80 0 50
Female 413 339 74 0 45

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -0.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 877. Female population growth rate of the village is -2.8% which is -3.7% lower than male population growth rate of 0.9%. General caste population has decreased by -13.1%; Schedule caste population has increased by 185.2% and child population has decreased by -21.5% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Dholi

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total -1 -13 185 0 -22
Male 1 -12 196 0 -22
Female -3 -15 174 0 -21

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 906 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 902, in schedule caste is 925. There are 900 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 34 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 9 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Dholi

Total General SC ST Child
Change -34 -34 -75 0 9
2011 906 902 925 0 900
2001 940 936 1,000 0 891

Literacy

Total 604 people in the village are literate, among them 363 are male and 241 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Dholi is 78%. 89% of male and 65% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 4%. Male literacy has gone up by 2% and female literacy rate has gone up by 5%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Dholi

Total Male Female
Change 4 3 5
2011 78 89 66
2001 74 87 60

Workers profile

Dholi has 35% (300) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 59% male and 7% female population are working population. 59% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 0% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 7% of total female population are main and 0% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Dholi

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 35 34 0 66
Male 59 59 0 41
Female 7 7 0 93