Doni Walli Village, with population of 708 is Ghansali sub district's the 44th most populous village, located in Ghansali sub district of Tehri Garhwal district in the state Uttarakhand in India. Total geographical area of Doni Walli village is 1 km2 and it is the 136th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1041 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Tehri and distance from Doni Walli village to Tehri is 89 km. Pin code of Doni Walli village is 249155. The village comes under Doni Walli panchayat. Ghansali is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 29 km. District head quarter of the village is New Tehri which is 89 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 708 people, among them 319 (45%) are male and 389 (55%) are female. 72% of the whole population are from general caste, 28% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Doni Walli village is 10%, among them 49% are boys and 51% are girls. There are 147 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Doni Walli

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 708 507 201 0 69
Male 319 221 98 0 34
Female 389 286 103 0 35

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 6.6% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 664. Female population growth rate of the village is 6.6% which is -0.1% lower than male population growth rate of 6.7%. General caste population has decreased by -7.7%; Schedule caste population has increased by 74.8% and child population has decreased by -47.7% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Doni Walli

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 6.6% -7.7% 74.8% 0% -47.7%
Male 6.7% -9.8% 81.5% 0% -46.9%
Female 6.6% -5.9% 68.9% 0% -48.5%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1219 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1294, in schedule caste is 1051. There are 1029 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 2 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 34 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Doni Walli

Total General SC ST Child
Change -2 53 -79 0 -34
2011 1219 1294 1051 0 1029
2001 1221 1241 1130 0 1063

Literacy

Total 454 people in the village are literate, among them 259 are male and 195 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Doni Walli is 71%. 91% of male and 55% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 7%. Male literacy has gone down by 0% and female literacy rate has gone up by 12%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Doni Walli

Total Male Female
Change 6.9% -0.2% 12.3%
2011 71% 90.9% 55.1%
2001 64.1% 91.1% 42.8%

Workers profile

Doni Walli has 86% (609) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 86% male and 86% female population are working population. 84% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 1% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 85% of total female population are main and 2% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Doni Walli

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 86% 84.5% 1.6% 14%
Male 85.6% 84.3% 1.3% 14.4%
Female 86.4% 84.6% 1.8% 13.6%