Tonkhand Village, with population of 219 is Ghansali sub district's the 93rd least populous village, located in Ghansali sub district of Tehri Garhwal district in the state Uttarakhand in India. Total geographical area of Tonkhand village is 1 km2 and it is the 127th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 348 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Tehri and distance from Tonkhand village to Tehri is 80 km. Pin code of Tonkhand village is 249155. The village comes under Tonkhand panchayat. Ghansali is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 10 km. District head quarter of the village is New Tehri which is 80 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 219 people, among them 114 (52%) are male and 105 (48%) are female. 83% of the whole population are from general caste, 17% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Tonkhand village is 7%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 45 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Tonkhand

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 219 182 37 0 15
Male 114 92 22 0 8
Female 105 90 15 0 7

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -20.1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 274. Female population growth rate of the village is -27.6% which is -16% lower than male population growth rate of -11.6%. General caste population has decreased by -24.8%; Schedule caste population has increased by 15.6% and child population has decreased by -68.8% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Tonkhand

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total -20 -25 16 0 -69
Male -12 -17 22 0 -72
Female -28 -31 7 0 -63

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 921 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 978, in schedule caste is 682. There are 875 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 203 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 220 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Tonkhand

Total General SC ST Child
Change -203 -202 -96 0 220
2011 921 978 682 0 875
2001 1,124 1,180 778 0 655

Literacy

Total 159 people in the village are literate, among them 96 are male and 63 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Tonkhand is 78%. 91% of male and 64% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 3%. Male literacy has gone down by 1% and female literacy rate has gone down by 1%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Tonkhand

Total Male Female
Change 3 1 2
2011 78 91 64
2001 75 90 63

Workers profile

Tonkhand has 50% (110) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 54% male and 46% female population are working population. 11% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 44% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 1% of total female population are main and 45% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Tonkhand

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 50 6 44 50
Male 54 11 44 46
Female 46 1 45 54