Muyal Gaon May Goriya Village, with population of 738 is Ghansali sub district's the 37th most populous village, located in Ghansali sub district of Tehri Garhwal district in the state Uttarakhand in India. Total geographical area of Muyal Gaon May Goriya village is 1 km2 and it is the 48th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 531 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Tehri and distance from Muyal Gaon May Goriya village to Tehri is 80 km. Pin code of Muyal Gaon May Goriya village is 249155. The village comes under Muyal Gaon panchayat. Ghansali is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 10 km. District head quarter of the village is New Tehri which is 80 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 738 people, among them 374 (51%) are male and 364 (49%) are female. 83% of the whole population are from general caste, 17% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Muyal Gaon May Goriya village is 8%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 164 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Muyal Gaon May Goriya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 738 613 125 0 62
Male 374 310 64 0 33
Female 364 303 61 0 29

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 13.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 648. Female population growth rate of the village is 3.7% which is -22.2% lower than male population growth rate of 25.9%. General caste population has increased by 9.1%; Schedule caste population has increased by 47.1% and child population has decreased by -33.3% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Muyal Gaon May Goriya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 14 9 47 -100 -33
Male 26 23 42 0 -38
Female 4 -2 53 -100 -28

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 973 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 977, in schedule caste is 953. There are 879 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 209 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 124 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Muyal Gaon May Goriya

Total General SC ST Child
Change -209 -253 64 0 124
2011 973 977 953 0 879
2001 1,182 1,230 889 0 755

Literacy

Total 508 people in the village are literate, among them 296 are male and 212 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Muyal Gaon May Goriya is 75%. 87% of male and 63% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by 1%. Male literacy has gone down by -4% and female literacy rate has gone up by 3%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Muyal Gaon May Goriya

Total Male Female
Change 1 -5 4
2011 75 87 63
2001 74 91 60

Workers profile

Muyal Gaon May Goriya has 59% (435) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 61% male and 57% female population are working population. 14% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 47% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 5% of total female population are main and 52% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Muyal Gaon May Goriya

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 59 10 50 41
Male 61 14 47 39
Female 57 5 52 43