Dhar Gaon Village, with population of 406 is Ghansali sub district's the 121st most populous village, located in Ghansali sub district of Tehri Garhwal district in the state Uttarakhand in India. Total geographical area of Dhar Gaon village is 1 km2 and it is the 112nd biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 467 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Srinagar and distance from Dhar Gaon village to Srinagar is 80 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Dhar Gaon village is 249155. The village comes under Dhar Gaon panchayat. Ghansali is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 20 km. District head quarter of the village is New Tehri which is 80 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 406 people, among them 188 (46%) are male and 218 (54%) are female. 66% of the whole population are from general caste, 34% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Dhar Gaon village is 15%, among them 57% are boys and 43% are girls. There are 95 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Dhar Gaon

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 406 267 139 0 60
Male 188 119 69 0 34
Female 218 148 70 0 26

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 3.6% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 392. Female population growth rate of the village is 10.7% which is 14.3% higher than male population growth rate of -3.6%. General caste population has decreased by -10.4%; Schedule caste population has increased by 47.9% and child population has decreased by -10.4% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Dhar Gaon

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 4 -10 48 0 -10
Male -4 -20 50 0 -8
Female 11 -1 46 0 -13

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1160 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1244, in schedule caste is 1014. There are 765 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 150 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 46 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Dhar Gaon

Total General SC ST Child
Change 150 244 -29 0 -46
2011 1,160 1,244 1,014 0 765
2001 1,010 1,000 1,043 0 811

Literacy

Total 243 people in the village are literate, among them 140 are male and 103 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Dhar Gaon is 70%. 91% of male and 54% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 2%. Male literacy has gone up by 2% and female literacy rate has gone up by 5%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Dhar Gaon

Total Male Female
Change 2 2 5
2011 70 91 54
2001 68 89 49

Workers profile

Dhar Gaon has 45% (181) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 40% male and 48% female population are working population. 31% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 10% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 6% of total female population are main and 42% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Dhar Gaon

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 45 18 27 55
Male 40 31 10 60
Female 48 6 42 52