Jakhergaon Village, with population of 237 is Ghansali sub district's the 103rd least populous village, located in Ghansali sub district of Tehri Garhwal district in the state Uttarakhand in India. Total geographical area of Jakhergaon village is 0 km2 and it is the 39th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1129 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Srinagar and distance from Jakhergaon village to Srinagar is 90 km. Pin code of Jakhergaon village is 249125. The village comes under Kandarsyun panchayat. Ghansali is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 30 km. District head quarter of the village is New Tehri which is 91 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 237 people, among them 91 (38%) are male and 146 (62%) are female. 84% of the whole population are from general caste, 16% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Jakhergaon village is 17%, among them 49% are boys and 51% are girls. There are 48 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Jakhergaon

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 237 198 39 0 41
Male 91 78 13 0 20
Female 146 120 26 0 21

Growth of population

Population of the village has decreased by -10.2% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 264. Female population growth rate of the village is 4.3% which is 30.9% higher than male population growth rate of -26.6%. General caste population has decreased by -25% and child population has increased by 7.9% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Jakhergaon

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total -10 -25 0 0 8
Male -27 -37 0 0 -5
Female 4 -14 0 0 24

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1604 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1538, in schedule caste is 2000. There are 1050 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 475 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 240 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Jakhergaon

Total General SC ST Child
Change 475 409 2,000 0 240
2011 1,604 1,538 2,000 0 1,050
2001 1,129 1,129 0 0 810

Literacy

Total 113 people in the village are literate, among them 51 are male and 62 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Jakhergaon is 58%. 72% of male and 50% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -1%. Male literacy has gone down by -14% and female literacy rate has gone up by 13%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Jakhergaon

Total Male Female
Change -2 -15 13
2011 58 72 50
2001 59 86 37

Workers profile

Jakhergaon has 48% (114) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 38% male and 54% female population are working population. 22% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 16% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 38% of total female population are main and 16% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Jakhergaon

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 48 32 17 52
Male 39 22 17 62
Female 54 38 16 46