Kuchiamora Village, with population of 975 is Bongaon sub district's the 24th least populous village, located in Bongaon sub district of North Twenty Four Parganas district in the state West Bengal in India. Total geographical area of Kuchiamora village is 1 km2 and it is the 7th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1373 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Bangaon and distance from Kuchiamora village to Bangaon is 24 km. Pin code of Kuchiamora village is 743710.

Demographics

The village is home to 975 people, among them 512 (53%) are male and 463 (47%) are female. 19% of the whole population are from general caste, 80% are from schedule caste and 0% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kuchiamora village is 9%, among them 40% are boys and 60% are girls. There are 220 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Kuchiamora

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 975 189 783 3 83
Male 512 101 410 1 33
Female 463 88 373 2 50

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 12.3% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 868. Female population growth rate of the village is 16% which is 6.8% higher than male population growth rate of 9.2%. General caste population has decreased by -12.1%; Schedule caste population has increased by 19.9% and child population has decreased by -30.8% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Kuchiamora

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 12.3% -12.1% 19.9% 0% -30.8%
Male 9.2% -12.2% 15.8% 0% -50.7%
Female 16% -12% 24.7% 0% -5.7%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 904 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 871, in schedule caste is 910 and in schedule tribe is 2000. There are 1515 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 53 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 724 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Kuchiamora

Total General SC ST Child
Change 53 1 65 2000 724
2011 904 871 910 2000 1515
2001 851 870 845 0 791

Literacy

Total 654 people in the village are literate, among them 389 are male and 265 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kuchiamora is 73%. 81% of male and 64% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by -2%. Male literacy has gone down by -5% and female literacy rate has gone up by 3%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Kuchiamora

Total Male Female
Change -1.4% -5.1% 2.9%
2011 73.3% 81.2% 64.2%
2001 74.7% 86.3% 61.3%

Workers profile

Kuchiamora has 57% (560) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 73% male and 41% female population are working population. 58% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 14% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 13% of total female population are main and 27% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Kuchiamora

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 57.4% 36.9% 20.5% 42.6%
Male 72.7% 58.4% 14.3% 27.3%
Female 40.6% 13.2% 27.4% 59.4%