Bangangram Village, with population of 6144 is Bongaon sub district's the 10th most populous village, located in Bongaon sub district of North Twenty Four Parganas district in the state West Bengal in India. Total geographical area of Bangangram village is 7 km2 and it is the 3rd biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 908 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Bangaon and distance from Bangangram village to Bangaon is 10 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Bangangram village is 743251.

Demographics

The village is home to 6144 people, among them 3171 (52%) are male and 2973 (48%) are female. 28% of the whole population are from general caste, 71% are from schedule caste and 1% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Bangangram village is 10%, among them 50% are boys and 50% are girls. There are 1429 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Bangangram

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 6,144 1,743 4,357 44 607
Male 3,171 832 2,326 13 302
Female 2,973 911 2,031 31 305

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 11.6% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 5506. Female population growth rate of the village is 11.5% which is -0.2% lower than male population growth rate of 11.7%. General caste population has increased by 57%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -0.4%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 120% and child population has decreased by -15.7% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Bangangram

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 11.6% 57% -0.4% 120% -15.7%
Male 11.7% 43.7% 3.3% 30% -15.2%
Female 11.5% 71.6% -4.4% 210% -16.2%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 938 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1095, in schedule caste is 873 and in schedule tribe is 2385. There are 1010 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 1 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 12 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Bangangram

Total General SC ST Child
Change -1 178 -71 1385 -12
2011 938 1095 873 2385 1010
2001 939 917 944 1000 1022

Literacy

Total 4492 people in the village are literate, among them 2475 are male and 2017 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Bangangram is 81%. 86% of male and 76% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 9%. Male literacy has gone up by 6% and female literacy rate has gone up by 12%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Bangangram

Total Male Female
Change 8.8% 6.1% 11.9%
2011 81.1% 86.3% 75.6%
2001 72.3% 80.2% 63.7%

Workers profile

Bangangram has 41% (2495) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 61% male and 19% female population are working population. 59% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 2% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 8% of total female population are main and 10% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Bangangram

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 40.6% 34.4% 6.2% 59.4%
Male 61.1% 58.7% 2.4% 38.9%
Female 18.8% 8.4% 10.4% 81.2%