Nurpur Village, with population of 740 is Bhatar sub district's the 11th least populous village, located in Bhatar sub district of Barddhaman district in the state West Bengal in India. Total geographical area of Nurpur village is 3 km2 and it is the 43rd biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 224 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Guskura and distance from Nurpur village to Guskura is 12 km. Pin code of Nurpur village is 713128. 0.04 square kilometer (1%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 740 people, among them 381 (51%) are male and 359 (49%) are female. 31% of the whole population are from general caste, 60% are from schedule caste and 9% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Nurpur village is 9%, among them 56% are boys and 44% are girls. There are 175 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Nurpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 740 230 446 64 70
Male 381 112 239 30 39
Female 359 118 207 34 31

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 4.1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 711. Female population growth rate of the village is 5.6% which is 2.9% higher than male population growth rate of 2.7%. General caste population has decreased by -14.5%; Schedule caste population has increased by 16.8%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 6.7% and child population has decreased by -23.1% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Nurpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 4 -15 17 7 -23
Male 3 -22 23 -6 -19
Female 6 -6 11 21 -28

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 942 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1054, in schedule caste is 866 and in schedule tribe is 1133. There are 795 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 26 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 101 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Nurpur

Total General SC ST Child
Change 26 186 -93 258 -101
2011 942 1,054 866 1,133 795
2001 916 868 959 875 896

Literacy

Total 459 people in the village are literate, among them 271 are male and 188 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Nurpur is 69%. 79% of male and 57% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by 0%. Male literacy has gone down by -2% and female literacy rate has gone down by 1%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Nurpur

Total Male Female
Change -0 -2 2
2011 69 79 57
2001 69 81 56

Workers profile

Nurpur has 45% (333) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 58% male and 31% female population are working population. 52% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 6% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 13% of total female population are main and 19% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Nurpur

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 45 33 12 55
Male 58 52 6 42
Female 32 13 19 69