Purbba Baragharia Village, with population of 2795 is Maynaguri sub district's the 33rd least populous village, located in Maynaguri sub district of Jalpaiguri district in the state West Bengal in India. Total geographical area of Purbba Baragharia village is 4 km2 and it is the 19th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 749 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Maynaguri and distance from Purbba Baragharia village to Maynaguri is 20 km. Pin code of Purbba Baragharia village is 735224.

Demographics

The village is home to 2795 people, among them 1415 (51%) are male and 1380 (49%) are female. 1% of the whole population are from general caste, 99% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Purbba Baragharia village is 14%, among them 49% are boys and 51% are girls. There are 663 households in the village and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Purbba Baragharia

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,795 30 2,765 0 401
Male 1,415 13 1,402 0 197
Female 1,380 17 1,363 0 204

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 104.2% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1369. Female population growth rate of the village is 105.7% which is 3% higher than male population growth rate of 102.7%. General caste population has increased by 328.6%; Schedule caste population has increased by 103% and child population has increased by 69.9% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Purbba Baragharia

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 104.2% 328.6% 103% 0% 69.9%
Male 102.7% 550% 101.4% 0% 66.9%
Female 105.7% 240% 104.7% 0% 72.9%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 975 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1308, in schedule caste is 972. There are 1036 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 14 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 36 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Purbba Baragharia

Total General SC ST Child
Change 14 -1192 15 0 36
2011 975 1308 972 0 1036
2001 961 2500 957 0 1000

Literacy

Total 1778 people in the village are literate, among them 988 are male and 790 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Purbba Baragharia is 74%. 81% of male and 67% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 16%. Male literacy has gone up by 9% and female literacy rate has gone up by 23%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Purbba Baragharia

Total Male Female
Change 16.1% 9.4% 23.3%
2011 74.3% 81.1% 67.2%
2001 58.2% 71.7% 43.9%

Workers profile

Purbba Baragharia has 39% (1089) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 60% male and 17% female population are working population. 56% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 4% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 7% of total female population are main and 11% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Purbba Baragharia

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 39% 31.6% 7.4% 61%
Male 60% 55.8% 4.2% 40%
Female 17.4% 6.7% 10.7% 82.6%