Lubanglong Village, with population of 931 is Nungba sub district's the 13th most populous village, located in Nungba sub district of Noney district in the state Manipur in India.

Nearest town of the village is Imphal Mcl and distance from Lubanglong village to Imphal Mcl is 88 km. Pin code of Lubanglong village is 795147. Nungba is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 14 km. District head quarter of the village is Tamenglong which is 69 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 931 people, among them 479 (51%) are male and 452 (49%) are female. 1% of the whole population are from general caste and 99% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Lubanglong village is 15%, among them 45% are boys and 55% are girls. There are 145 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Lubanglong

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 931 5 0 926 137
Male 479 4 0 475 61
Female 452 1 0 451 76

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 22.5% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 760. Female population growth rate of the village is 27% which is 8.4% higher than male population growth rate of 18.6%.; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 21.8% and child population has increased by 14.2% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Lubanglong

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 23 0 0 22 14
Male 19 0 0 18 -15
Female 27 0 0 27 58

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 944 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 250, and in schedule tribe is 949. There are 1246 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 63 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 579 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Lubanglong

Total General SC ST Child
Change 63 250 0 68 579
2011 944 250 0 949 1,246
2001 881 0 0 881 667

Literacy

Total 566 people in the village are literate, among them 320 are male and 246 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Lubanglong is 71%. 77% of male and 65% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 4%. Male literacy has gone up by 4% and female literacy rate has gone up by 5%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Lubanglong

Total Male Female
Change 4 4 5
2011 71 77 65
2001 67 73 60

Workers profile

Lubanglong has 55% (510) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 54% male and 55% female population are working population. 47% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 7% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 24% of total female population are main and 31% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Lubanglong

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 55 36 19 45
Male 55 47 7 46
Female 55 24 31 45