Looth Khurd Village, with population of 641 is Varanasi sub district's the 225th least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Looth Khurd village is 1 km2 and it is the 321st biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 682 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Looth Khurd village to Varanasi is 23 km. The village comes under Luthakhurd panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 23 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 23 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 641 people, among them 328 (51%) are male and 313 (49%) are female. 80% of the whole population are from general caste, 20% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Looth Khurd village is 11%, among them 54% are boys and 46% are girls. There are 83 households in the village and an average 8 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Looth Khurd

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 641 512 129 0 71
Male 328 260 68 0 38
Female 313 252 61 0 33

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 23% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 521. Female population growth rate of the village is 26.7% which is 7% higher than male population growth rate of 19.7%. General caste population has increased by 21.3%; Schedule caste population has increased by 30.3% and child population has decreased by -34.3% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Looth Khurd

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 23 21 30 0 -34
Male 20 18 28 0 -21
Female 27 25 33 0 -45

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 954 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 969, in schedule caste is 897. There are 868 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 53 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 382 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Looth Khurd

Total General SC ST Child
Change 53 59 29 0 -382
2011 954 969 897 0 868
2001 901 910 868 0 1,250

Literacy

Total 474 people in the village are literate, among them 267 are male and 207 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Looth Khurd is 83%. 92% of male and 74% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 14%. Male literacy has gone up by 9% and female literacy rate has gone up by 23%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Looth Khurd

Total Male Female
Change 15 9 23
2011 83 92 74
2001 69 83 51

Workers profile

Looth Khurd has 42% (271) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 41% male and 44% female population are working population. 35% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 6% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 41% of total female population are main and 3% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Looth Khurd

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 42 38 5 58
Male 41 35 6 60
Female 44 41 3 56