Parmanandpur Village, with population of 2402 is Varanasi sub district's the 198th most populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Parmanandpur village is 1 km2 and it is the 273rd biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 2288 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Parmanandpur village to Varanasi is 4 km. Pin code of Parmanandpur village is 221002. The village comes under Holapur panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 3 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 4 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 2402 people, among them 1280 (53%) are male and 1122 (47%) are female. 95% of the whole population are from general caste, 2% are from schedule caste and 3% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Parmanandpur village is 13%, among them 50% are boys and 50% are girls. There are 335 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Parmanandpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,402 2,271 58 73 303
Male 1,280 1,205 35 40 151
Female 1,122 1,066 23 33 152

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 23.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1938. Female population growth rate of the village is 24.3% which is 0.6% higher than male population growth rate of 23.7%. General caste population has increased by 19.3%; Schedule caste population has increased by 70.6% and child population has decreased by -23.3% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Parmanandpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 24 19 71 0 -23
Male 24 19 94 0 -30
Female 24 20 44 0 -15

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 877 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 885, in schedule caste is 657 and in schedule tribe is 825. There are 1007 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 5 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 187 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Parmanandpur

Total General SC ST Child
Change 5 13 -232 825 187
2011 877 885 657 825 1,007
2001 872 872 889 0 820

Literacy

Total 1662 people in the village are literate, among them 1012 are male and 650 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Parmanandpur is 79%. 90% of male and 67% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 9%. Male literacy has gone up by 2% and female literacy rate has gone up by 17%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Parmanandpur

Total Male Female
Change 9 1 17
2011 79 90 67
2001 70 88 50

Workers profile

Parmanandpur has 31% (753) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 45% male and 16% female population are working population. 41% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 4% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 6% of total female population are main and 10% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Parmanandpur

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 31 25 7 69
Male 45 41 4 55
Female 16 6 10 85