Ganeshpur Village, with population of 559 is Varanasi sub district's the 196th least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Ganeshpur village is 1 km2 and it is the 288th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 559 persons per km2.

The village comes under Ganeshpur panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 10 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 20 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 559 people, among them 301 (54%) are male and 258 (46%) are female. 96% of the whole population are from general caste, 4% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Ganeshpur village is 16%, among them 45% are boys and 55% are girls. There are 93 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Ganeshpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 559 539 20 0 89
Male 301 289 12 0 40
Female 258 250 8 0 49

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 27.3% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 439. Female population growth rate of the village is 32.3% which is 8.9% higher than male population growth rate of 23.4%. General caste population has increased by 22.8% and child population has increased by 7.2% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Ganeshpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 27 23 0 0 7
Male 23 18 0 0 -18
Female 32 28 0 0 44

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 857 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 865, in schedule caste is 667. There are 1225 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 58 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 531 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Ganeshpur

Total General SC ST Child
Change 58 66 667 0 531
2011 857 865 667 0 1,225
2001 799 799 0 0 694

Literacy

Total 334 people in the village are literate, among them 199 are male and 135 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Ganeshpur is 71%. 76% of male and 65% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 13%. Male literacy has gone up by 5% and female literacy rate has gone up by 22%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Ganeshpur

Total Male Female
Change 13 5 22
2011 71 76 65
2001 58 71 43

Workers profile

Ganeshpur has 30% (168) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 47% male and 11% female population are working population. 45% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 1% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 5% of total female population are main and 6% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Ganeshpur

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 30 27 4 70
Male 47 45 1 54
Female 11 5 6 89